Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Here's a couple of examples...

Would you buy generic toilet paper?
What about Coffee?

I wouldn't buy anything but Pampers for my pampered little girl...just doesn't feel right to cut spending on her...
Any paper products - toilet paper, kitchen tissues - I feel like I would use more of the generic and would end up spending the same...and wouldn't get the same quality

Here's what Linda says:
I would never buy generic versions of paper towels or Kleenex. The quality seems visibly poor.
I don't trust generic vitamins or over the counter medicine because I am not sure where the ingredients are from, what standards they are using the develop the products...
I will never stop going to Whole Foods because of the quality of their produce..the taste of food is really important to me...

8 comments:

  1. I don't buy private label because my wife will not let me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My personal 2 cents...everything should be bought private label! Do you notice the difference b/w a Glad trash bag vs. a Kirkland trash bag! I don't...don't think my trash minds it either! My wife might, but that is a different story!

    Let's take another example -- shampoo...for those who are road warriors, do you choose a hotel excited about the shampoo they carry! Most probably you don't really care...and even if you did, its unlikely you would have checked in a bag just to carry your favorite shampoo! If you buy into this logic, you are on the cusp of decision making b/w private label and branded...meaning you would switch to a cheaper brand...if you were given "permission"!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tend to pick store brands whenever I have a choice and find that the price difference is significant (which means, I wouldn't pick store brand just for a few cents). There are a few things for which I don't buy store brands - Diapers, Formula, Baby food, Baby Moisturizer, Baby Soap, My own moisturizer ( I dont know if they have store brands for those). For all other items, I've been open to trying store brands, and that has been the case even before the recession started.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will buy store brands for paper towels, garbage bags, cleaning products, etc. But not for my much-needed morning coffee and tea. And I really won't downgrade for personal care items like lotions, toothpaste, deodorant, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its a quality issue for me rather than a brand name...if I find a good quality product in a store brand I will buy it..n the savings dont hurt either ;p ...if the quality is not up to the mark then I will not buy a big brand name either...not just for the 'name' atleast!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Le_Meridian Funding Service went above and beyond their requirements to assist me with my loan which i used expand my pharmacy business,They were friendly, professional, and absolute gems to work with.I will recommend anyone looking for loan to contact. Email..lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com Or lfdsloans@outlook.com.
    WhatsApp ... + 19893943740.

    ReplyDelete